Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 1

We got to Bogota at like 1:30 a.m. the first day.  I was with about 15 elders.  The first day I didn't do to well because of the lack of sleep.  The next day I got my companion Elder Wood because he missed his flight.  We have a little in common so it's kind of cool.  We started teaching our first investigator who is actually our teacher.  It has to be in all Spanish so it is kind of difficult but it's good practice.  Iv'e been super overwhelmed with everything since I got here.  I'm growing a lot and it's way cool.  On the 4th I barfed after breakfast.  I have had a lot of stomach issues because the food is so greasy and no fiber. The next day I said my first prayer in Spanish in front of everyone at the MTC.  I think I did pretty good.  Some older Elders said I did good and that they couldn't do that so it was cool.  Spanish is really hard and frustrating because I want to say so much to people but I don't know what to say.  My district is cool and I've made lots of friends.  The days are super long and I feel like I have been here for a month.  I tried a fruit called grandilla and it was way good.  I really liked it.  We got to leave and go outside the fence the other day and it was nice because I feel like I'm in prison.  I bore my testimony in all Spanish because I felt like I should practice faith.  One of the older kids said I was an example for everyone, so I felt really good.  Today we went to the temple and that was cool.  I hope you like the pics.  Love you
guys   Elder Kennedy






We also received another picture from his teacher today

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safe buddy. That's so cool that you get to do this I bet it's an awesome experience. Hope the best for you

    ReplyDelete