Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 4

     Sounds like everything is good.  My e-mail time is now 2:30.  The week has flown by and it seems like I just e-mailed.  Not too much has happened this week except for on Sunday.  That is what my e-mail is going to be about this week.  We also went through an endowment session today and it was amazing.  I wrote about this experience right after it happened in la reunion de santa cena.
     It was a Sunday morning in the CCM and everything was going normal, but something was different at the meeting.  I had no idea what it was.  From the beginning of the sacrament I had no idea what the feeling was, until we took sacrament.  During sacrament I had this feeling that is really hard for me to describe but I'm going to try my best.  They blessed the bread and I was just closing my eyes and praying.  As soon as I put the bread into my mouth I had this overwhelming feeling of peace and love.  So many different things came over me.  As I sat there I felt as if someone was right above my head telling me that  there is a reason you are here.  I didn't send you off to Colombia for no reason.  After that, starting at the top of my head and working its way down to my feet, I felt the spirit testify to me that what I felt was true.  La expacion de jesucristo is true.  Christ gave his body and shed blood so that I can be here.  I am so thankful.  The sacrament has never meant so much to me before.
     I am loving the people, everyone, teachers, missionaries, and investigators!  I love them with all my heart.  They are a child of God and they deserve it.  Last week I showed them love and it felt so good.  I love Colombia! I love the people!  I can't wait to get into the field.  I want to change their lives with the message of the gospel and families.
     Is it hard? Yeah.  This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it feels so good and that feeling is why I am here.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I love the people of Colombia! I love you guys back home! Thank you for the support, help, and love.  So many people from the ward have no idea the effect that they have had in my life, whether it was big or small, it has helped me so much.  I want you all to know that I love you and that I am grateful for you.  This week share the gospel with someone who doesn't have it and the Lord will bless you.  We can't afford to not tell someone about this wonderful gospel that we have!!

I can't send any pictures until next week.

While chatting Elder Kennedy shared this with his Mom:
      We had a district meeting the other day, and we had to share why we are here and what keeps us going.  I shared how the missionaries baptized you and about Elder Adair.  That is a big reason why I am here.  I know that one person can make a difference in someones life like Elder Adair did for you. I want to be that missionary for someone or many people.

Love Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment